Monday, August 11, 2008

Shower the People you Love (With Love)

This past weekend we went to the cities where the Hoffmann girls threw me and Baby our first shower. It was so much fun! They had a rubber ducky theme (to honor Andy's high school swimming past). We had a great time! We played games- one of which was a "create your own baby" collage game. I was amazed at everyone's creativity- it was hard to pick the winner! The entire afternoon went so fast that I realized the next morning that I forgot to take pictures. I had my camera out and ready, but I didn't take one the entire time! So the pictures I have are from Sandy. The girls are also putting together a keepsake book for me from Crazy Quilt Scrapbooks with pictures they took and best wishes from the guests. Good thing, because "pregnancy brain" has taken over. I remembered to take pictures at my own wedding (the most hectic day of my life) but of course I forgot at my first baby shower!

Really I was amazed at how wonderful and generous everyone is. Our little boy is so blessed that he has such great family and friends to help welcome him into this world! Thank you to everyone that came or sent along gifts- we are truly grateful!!!

Speaking of "pregnancy brain"- my boss called me into her office today and asked me if the phone number I had put on a form that was supposed to be our business phone looked familiar to me. It turns out that I had put our home phone number on there- she just laughed at me as she was whiting it out, telling me she figured that I didn't want too many phone calls at home. It's a good thing I guess I have another set of eyes looking things over, and I'm not in charge of anything too dire right now! If I were in charge of the nation's power grid right now, you'd all be screwed!

We went to our doctor's appointment last Thursday. Baby is healthy, and he is growing more and more every day. I'm amazed at how strong he is and how powerful his movements are. But.... I did flunk my one hour diabetes screening, so I have to go back for the 3 hour test. Yuck. I personally think it's a fluke that I got such a high reading because of I didn't fast that day like people are now telling me I should have. My clinic told me that they don't have people fast and I had followed their directions to the letter. I think the grilled cheese that I had for lunch did me in. So I'll go and take the 3 hour test even though I called the clinic and begged for a re-test on the one hour. They didn't agree. I'm hoping it was just a fluke and I'm fine- I am craving bread, noodles, and everything sugar I can get my hands on these days. All of the things that if I am diabetic that I can't have, I am scarfing down. This little boy definitely has a sweet tooth, and I'd hate to deprive him of what he's asking for (or is it what I am asking for??????).

No comments: