Monday, August 18, 2008

Shower the People you Love (With Love)- Again!

Saturday was my family's baby shower in Fargo. It was a long drive out to ND and I was really sore after the car ride, but I enjoyed being there and it was a fun afternoon! There were members of every branch of my family there and we had quite a turnout, which was wonderful. There were a lot of people that came that I haven't seen in years, so it was nice to catch up with everyone! Sandy brought her "babies" which were a big hit. The babies were replicas of the actual size/weight of babies in utero that she uses to train with at work, and they were really fun for people to hold and look at. I loved seeing the 30 week baby again since I'm right there this week. We played only one game (the "Price is Right"- it's amazing to me how much everything "baby" costs!!), but we had plenty of time to visit and take pictures. And yes, this time I did get lots of pictures this time! "Baby Brain" wasn't going to happen this weekend- I put my cousin Krissy in charge of the camera and she took care of things so I could enjoy visiting with everyone and eat my "Uncle Joe Cake" (my uncle Joe has made almost every cake for every major life event that I've had- good stuff!!!). Thank you those who hosted the shower- you went through so much work and I really appreciate it!!!! Also, just like last weekend, I'm so appreciative of everyone that came and were so generous- you are all so kind and we can't wait to introduce the baby to you!

I had my 3 hour gestational diabetes test Monday and (good news) I passed with flying colors! The test is not one I'd ever like to repeat EVER again, so I'm glad it's behind me and I still can continue to eat all of the cookies I want! I made a huge pan of Scotcheroos for a potluck at work today and I think that the plate that I took to work vs. what I left in the pan for home was a little lopsided. I just hope Andy doesn't get to them first!

Andy is progressing on Baby's room. Besides all of the shower gifts, we have gone shopping ourselves to get ready for Baby, so a corner of our living room is overflowing with stuff that needs to get organized and put away. My mom and sister went shopping with us this weekend so we could get a few more essentials. I can honestly say that I am officially "nesting". Andy is hoping to get the room painted & carpets cleaned soon so we can set up the crib and "move in"!


1 comment:

darcie said...

I knew you'd pass that GD test with flying colors - wish I'd of talked to you before you took the 1 hour! Glad things are going well and falling into place - see you soon! xoxo The Gusts