Monday, November 24, 2008

This is the Day


Sunday we celebrated Luke's baptism. It turned out to be a great weekend- lots of family in town to enjoy a weekend away and to celebrate this important sacrament. Luke wore the same baptismal gown that Andy wore 30 years ago, so that was very meaningful. I was nervous about trying to fit 21 people in our little house, so we ended up hosting a reception at the church instead of the house. I was ready to recommend that we all go to a resteraunt rather than host a reception, but I ended up having some family to help take the initiative to put together a lunch. Thank you to everyone who helped to cook and organize the party!! I honestly couldn't have done it on my own at this point!! We had the opportunity to also put Luke and Eli together- cousins who were born 4 days apart! As you can see from the pictures, Luke and Eli are already getting to know each other. We all were so touched when we put the boys together for a picture and Eli gave Luke a hug. Even though it ended a little rough, it was cute nevertheless!
Andy and I were reflecting last night on how blessed we are to have such great family. We couldn't have asked for more supportive and loving people to be related to!!
We are maintaining at our house at this point. Sleep deprivation is still a problem, but we are getting to be more mobile which is defiantly a plus. I took Luke out for our first outings last week on our own without Andy. I think I really have missed being out in public- I'm staring to get cabin fever now, even though I opt to stay home a lot more because getting everything ready ends up being a lot of work! I took Luke to Andy's work one morning, which was great to go visit Daddy and Daddy's co-workers. The ladies in the office LOVED having a newborn to cuddle with!!! It has helped my sanity too to be able to leave the house again!!
People have been asking about how Luke is doing. We are happy to say that he is gaining weight now and doing really well!!! We hope this will continue!!!



No comments: