Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We Are Family





This past weekend we traveled to Bemidji for our first-ever Hoffmann family reunion. Since the family is expanding, we felt the need to start a yearly weekend in which our family can get together and visit, play games- enjoy each other's company. The weekend went really well. Andy says officially "It was fun". Most of our outdoor activities that we had planned were rained out, so we focused more on indoor games to accumulate points towards the Hoffmann Family Trophy- the "Hoffmann Cup" as I like to call it. Andy and I were really close to taking it home this year each winning 2 events- Andy's in archery and mine in dominos, but ultimatly Jake won out. We're no match for his Guitar Hero skills!
The weekend seemed to steer towards our youngest Hoffmanns- those already here and those on the way. It will be great to see the youngest ones play the games and have fun in a few short years! I feel so blessed to have married into such a great and supportive family!
Right now I'm still feeling good. I have a doctor appt. coming up on Monday. I really feel pretty physically "done" at the end of the day at 23 weeks. I have to start cutting back at work- sitting down a lot more and not taking on so much. It's tough though because mentally I feel like I can tackle anything. My sore back reminds me otherwise!






No comments: