Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bust a Move

It has been a busy week for Baby Hoffmann. He's really been a busy boy! I feel him moving now all the time and he's been kicking like crazy! It's so much fun for Andy and I to feel him- before we'd wait and wait and wait but now he's moving most of the day. He still tends to be less active when I'm at work, but for the most part he's working those muscles pretty well!
Andy started work this weekend on cleaning out the baby's room- moving desks and bookshelves out of there to begin work on converting it into a nursery. We have quite a bit of work to do to get it ready. There's a lot of texturizing on the walls that's pretty rough to the touch, so Andy is going to sand and smooth that out. We also have to clean the carpeting and paint. I thought we'd go with a chocolate brown/blue color scheme. That's the part that I'm excited for- to really get into the decorating. I realize the room won't look like the Pottery Barn room I'd like, but I'm going to try my best to make it cute but not spend an arm and a leg! I love challenges!

I am really starting to get tired physically now. I've noticed that walking or taking hikes is really wearing me out much more than I thought it would. It's a bummer to have such a nice summer and just be outside and sit instead of attacking those trails! Andy's constantly reminding me it's temporary, and once the baby arrives we can put him in the carrier and hike as a family. It's just been so hard to have to cut back on things that I love to do in the summer. It's all for a good reason though!

In other news- my mom is doing much better. She found out last week that she is completely infection free! She got home from the hospital a few weeks ago and is comfortable at home. Her eyesight still hasn't returned to normal yet- she's still seeing gray. We're not sure what the next step is to restore that eyesight. The first priority was to lick the infection, which she did! Thanks be to God!

Shameless plug time- Andy's mom and his aunt Gail have launched their website this week for their business venture. They have been making mini foldable scrapbooks for the past few years and selling them at local craft shows. They are now online @ http:www.crazyquiltphotoalbums.com if anyone would like to check them out!

Enjoy your week!

No comments: