Friday, February 6, 2009

Roll Over

Luke is certainly growing! He is now a healthy 3 month old, and he showed us a new trick yesterday- he can roll over! I usually feed and cuddle him over my lunch break, and I had brought him into a quiet room for some tummy time. I put him on his tummy and he did the rest. Wow! So of course I had to show everyone... not like they hadn't seen it before, but it was Luke and he was rolling over and I was so proud of him!
I told the ladies in the baby room that they should be prepared to lie to me if they ever see anything first. I have had issues from the beginning about being a working mom and not seeing all of his "firsts".... I know his teachers are smarter than that, but I just know some well-meaning college girl that we have coming in and out of there will be so excited to share in his first steps and Andy and I will be left out in the cold....
Another thing about being a working mom that I have to contend with is being sick. Ick. Germs have invaded our house and we have been so sick the last few weeks. First it was the stomach flu.... Luke on a Friday night, Andy on Saturday, and me on Monday. Not a fun weekend at all. Now we all have head colds. It got me to thinking.... with being all on our own here without grandparents or family in town, if we would have gotten sick on the same day and not 2 days apart we'd be up a creek. Thank goodness Andy was somewhat healthy when it hit me, because I know there was no way I could have taken care of Luke with as sick as I was.
We are getting out a lot more now and figuring out how our lives all fit together. We've managed to get out to eat a few times and do things as a family... we're even going to attempt a hockey game! Now that Luke is older and the weather is going to start to warm up, we're ready to venture out more and more.



No comments: