Today I had my 5 month prenatal appointment. I am now officially at the halfway point- woo hoo! It feels good to reach that mini milestone. The next 20 weeks I have a feeling will be more of a challenge than my first 20. I'm already starting to find out that picking things up off the floor or bending over isn't as easy or as fast as it once was. Imagine 3 months from now!
The baby's heartbeat was easier to find this time. The past few months the doctor had a hard time finding it, but this time our boy was a lot more cooperative. I'm also starting to feel him move a lot more now. Well, if what I'm feeling is indeed movement. It feels like rhythmic pulses for a few minutes every so often. Yesterday it was nonstop. It was fun yesterday morning to watch a tiny part of my belly pulsate. I'm choosing to believe it was our baby boy either moving or hiccuping and not just gas!
The only area of concern this month was with the results of my ultrasound. The ultrasound detected a fibroid about the size of a baseball on the top of my uterus. Apparently it isn't really something to worry a lot about a lot at this point since they are common in pregnant women, but the doctor is going to keep an eye on it since it is so large in size. They are going to do another ultrasound in the near future to see if it shrinks on its own or grows any further. Since it's on the top and not on the bottom, it shouldn't interfere with childbirth or the pregnancy. It's on the outside of the uterus too, which is great news. If it were on the inside, it could interfere more with the pregnancy. So it's a waiting game right now to see if it will have any impact or none at all. I'll keep you all posted.
Other than that, everything else is going well. I'm still feeling really good, which I am thankful for! We are starting to get outside a lot more which is great now that the weather is warming up. Andy has started to ride a lot more lately, and is training for his next race, which is June 22nd here in Duluth. That is going to be a busy weekend for us. We are going to be going on Thursday the 19th to Moline, IL for our only Kenny Chesney concert this summer. He is not going to be playing at the Xcel Energy Center this year like he usually does, so it's either Moline or nothing. Since this is our last summer pre-baby, we are going to make the 7 hour trek to see Kenny. I'm not excited about the 7 hour car ride with gas prices the way they are (3.99 today!!!). I'm hoping there are a lot of gas stations along the way though. I'm not sure how driving through 4 states at 22 weeks along is going to be, but I'm guessing that we might be making a few stops along the way! It's hard to be sowing the last few wild oats and taking one last road trip when you have to pee every hour!
1 comment:
Wow Andrea- you look great, your baby bump certainly is growing!
It's fun to read your updates, you write so well and I can just feel your excitement. It feels like just yesterday that I was in the "waiting" stage. He'll be here before you know it- can't wait to meet him!!! See you at the reunion-Krista
Post a Comment